Sleep Apnea Treatment
OBSTRUCTIVE SLEEP APNEA (OSA)
1 Apnea- the muscles and soft tissues in the throat relax and collapse sufficiently to cause a total blockage of the airway; it is called an apnea when the airflow is blocked for 10 seconds or more.
2. Hypopnea - A partial blockage of the airway that results in an airflow reduction of greater than 50% for 10seconds or more
Sleep apnea is associated with being overweight, and other risk factors. Read more about the causes of sleep apnea.
Because of the episodes of hypopnoea that occur during OSA, doctors sometimes refer to the condition as ‘obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome’.
The term ‘obstructive’ distinguishes OSA from rarer forms of sleep apnea, such as central sleep apnea, which is caused by the brain forgetting’ to breathe during sleep.
WHAT HAPPENS DURING OSA?
- During the night, people with OSA may experience repeated episodes of apnoa and hypopnea.
- During an episode, lack of oxygen causes the person to come out of deep sleep and into a lighter state of sleep, or a brief period of wakefulness, in order to restore normal breathing.
- However, after falling back into deep sleep, further episodes of apnea and hypopnea can occur. Such events may occur more than once a minute throughout the night.
- Most people with OSA snore loudly. Their breathing may be noisy and laboured and it is often interrupted by gasping and snorting with each episode of apnea.
- The repeated interruptions to sleep caused by OSA can make the person feel very tired during the day. A person with OSA will usually have no memory of breathlessness, so they are often unaware that they are not getting a proper night’s sleep.
Suffering from Sleep Apnea?
Do you wake up feeling tired, irritable or sleep deprived? It is quite possible that you are among the near millions of Indians afflicted by Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). In fact, close to 80% of all sleep apnea cases remain undiagnosed, causing people to battle a host of life-threatening health health risks. Sleep apnea is a debilitating and life-shortening condition that can impact your livelihood.
Did You Know?
- Sleep apnea increases the risk of hypertension, stroke, and myocardial infarction by 2-3 times.
- Sleep apnea is associated with cancer, obesity, smoking, diabetes, and alcoholism.
- Sleep apnea can elevate blood pressure and can cause coronary artery disease, arrhythmias, and heart failure.
- More than 50% of people suffering from type 2 diabetes have some form of sleep apnea.
- 1 in 5 adults suffer from some form of sleep apnea.
- 8 out of every 10 people who have sleep apnea have not yet been diagnosed and nearly 50% of those that are diagnosed are not compliant with their treatment options.
How do we cure in most cases
Its the teeth to be blamed here and disturbance in their fit due to wear and tear mostly enhanced due to incomplete growth.
Thanks to phenomenon that growth can be restored in the facial area in most ages, thereby producing symmetry at any age and the wear and tear can be restored to have substantial results by impacting growth of trachea and removing the factors that causing narrowing of diameter in the facial and nasal areas .
We can provide a Cranio-sacral Epigenetic appliance in a weeks time, or some may just need a correction of teeth fit with each other to see changes in the body .